Make sure clinicians are checking your QOF calculator regularly and either actioning alerts or calling in patients, particularly for the big QOF areas (diabetes, CHD, asthma) and for the high value, low number targets e.g cancer reviews within six months' of diagnosis.
Each clinical system is slightly different but will have a suite of reports to help you maximise your achievement under QOF.
Remind receptionists to check QOF alerts for any patients that appear at the desk.
You could also ask one person to look at the appointment lists for the next day to check what QOF data is needed and highlight this in the appointment reason. Depending on reception capacity, turn off the automated check in and get the information you need from patients when they are at the desk - or book appointments if needed. Only do this on days when you have a full complement of staff!
2. Enhanced services
The following enhanced services apply this year:
The same requirements for all of these services apply as last year, so it is the usual end of year returns for these. Click on the links above to full details of each ES requirement.
3. Vaccinations and Immunisations
The following Immunisations have an associated enhanced service:
- Childhood Immunisations
- Hep B for newborn babies
- MMR for those aged 16 and over
- Pertussis (pregnant women)
- Childhood influenza
- Meningitis ACWY
- Seasonal Flu
- HPV booster vaccination
- Men C booster vaccination
Now is the time to start running searches to make sure you have the numbers needed for any end of year claims, all claims are via CQRS apart from childhood vaccinations.
4. Other local service contracts/CCG targets
Make sure you have reached any targets required for other local contracts and submitted data as apppropriate.
5. Other contractual requirements
- Named accountable GP - do all patients have a named accountable GP? Patients aged over 75 should have access to a health check.
- Friends and Family Test - ensure that monthly returns are submitted via CQRS.
- Alcohol risk reduction - all newly registered patients aged 16 or over should be asked about their drinking habits and offered interventions as appropriate.
- PPG - have you got records of your PPG meetings, details of any suggestions made and evidence that you have acted on these?
- Publication of earnings - the details of GP earnings on your website need to be updated to reflect earnings for 2015/16.
6. Other things to check
- Payroll year-end
- Pension year-end
- Information Governance Toolkit submissions
- NHS Health Checks