The content in this series is reproduced from the CQC's Tips and mythbusters for GP practices, which are written by Professor Nigel Sparrow, the CQC's senior national GP advisor and responsible officer, and other experts from within the CQC. Medeconomics has organised the articles into key areas affecting a practice including infection control, safeguarding, quality of care, policies and procedures, leadership and staff management/HR.
Each article explains the CQC's view of best practice on a particular topic within these areas, provides links to relevant guidance or information and debunks a number of myths about the CQC's expectations.
This content is available free to both subscribers and non-subscribers.
Articles in the CQC Essentials series:
- Procedures and protocols: CQC requirements
- Demonstrating high quality care to the CQC
- Staff and HR issues relevant to a CQC inspection
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in GP practices
- Health and safety issues in GP practices
- Management and leadership in general practice: what the CQC expects
- Infection control in GP practices: CQC expectations
- During a CQC inspection - information for GP practices