This significant funding increase will take general practice’s share of the NHS budget up to 10%, however it looks like very little of this money will make its way into core pay.
The funding is all attached to schemes and initiatives NHS England is keen to push. Some of these will potentially benefit all practices, others will only help those practices embracing the government’s plan to deliver general practice ‘at scale’.
In an exclusive interview with Medeconomics’ sister site GPonline, NHS chief executive Simon Stevens said he hoped GPs would see the benefits of the rescue plan ‘sooner rather than later’.
He added: ‘I hope that people will see we are on their side and we are going hell for leather to make things better.'
So what could the Forward View mean for your practice? Medeconomics assesses key aspects of the plan in the articles below:
- How the GP Forward View will impact on practice staff
- How NHS England plans to help practices tackle their growing workload
- How the GP Forward View affects premises
- How will IT in general practice develop?
- What do we know about the new MCP contract?