Ensuring quality of life for patients, their families and carers at every stage from diagnosis until the patient’s death
Level 1 £250 administration and set-up; Level 2 £58 per reflective ‘practice' for maximum one patient per 1,00 .
What it involves
A practice is eligible for the DES if it achieves the QOF palliative care clinical indicators, PC2 and PC3 (annex H), and QOF indicator records 13 and has one or more palliative care patients on its registered list.
- Ensure patients identified with palliative/end of life care needs (irrespective of diagnosis on the QOF Palliative care register) are included.
- Ensure patients on the QOF palliative care register have been assessed; an initial care plan has been compiled and an electronic palliative care (ePCS) summary completed.
- The ePCS should be complete and available to professionals involved in the patient’s out of hours care within four weeks of inclusion on the register.
- Take part in a programme of reflective practice involving the wider disciplinary team.
- From their total patient deaths during 2012/13, practices are required to carry out one reflective practice per 1,000 registered patients (with a minimum of three, maximum 15). The maximum for lists over 15,000 is 15.
More information is available in a circular from the Scottish government's Health and Social Care Integration Directorate, which can be downloaded by clicking here.