To encourage practices to facilitate improvements in registered patients’ electronic interaction with practice services
For one year from 1 April 2013 but may be further developed for 2014/15
- Component 1 £0.14 per patient enabled to use online booking (£985 pa for average list practice with 6,911 patients).
- Component 2 £0.14 per patient enabled to use online repeat prescribing (£985 pa for average list).
- Component 3 Flat rate £985 if online passwords issued to at least 5% of patients by 31 March 2014.
What it involves
Practice making arrangements needed to ensure patients are able to electronically interact with its information on:
- Online appointments booking (and cancellation)
- Online repeat prescription ordering.
Practice must also:
- Proactively offer patients access to these services
- Provide patients with the necessary information to access the services
- Register patients wanting access by issuing passwords and verifying identity in line with RCGP guidance.