The number of practice mergers has increased considerably in recent years, but the merger process is far from straightforward.
There are many issues practices must consider, not least whether the partners share the same philosophy and ambitions for the new organisation. Then the practicalities must be addressed - the finances, the legal process of merging, how the merger will affect staff, how to align clinical and administration processes and how to ensure patient support.
Medeconomics has produced a new Guide to Practice Mergers, which covers all of these issues, to help support practices through a merger.
Read all the articles in this series on Medeconomics:
- Steps to take before you merge
- The financial aspects of a merger
- The legal process of merging
- Practical issues involved with a merger
- Managing staff through a merger
- Engaging with patients during a merger
- Beacon Medical Group: How and why we merged with two other local practices
- Midlands Medical Partnership: Why we developed a super-partnership