Employing a spouse

I am a locum GP paying the top rate of tax. My wife is on a career break so does not earn. She spends about five hours a week doing various administration tasks for me, such as invoicing. I wish to pay her for this. Is it simply a matter of transferring money into her bank account or is there red tape involved? Would my wife need to declare herself as self-employed?


Already subscribed? Log in here

Subscribe to Medeconomics

Please enter your details

Forgotten Password?

Forgotten password?

Having trouble signing in?

Contact our online support team at support@medeconomics.co.uk

[DAYS_LEFT] days left of your Medeconomics free trial

Subscribe now

Your free trial has expired

Subscribe now to access Medeconomics

"I did not have to think twice about subscribing to Medeconomics... I find this website the only place I can find an up to date and accurate database of fees"

Pratice Manager, Canterbury