How to calculate the total income

I am employed as a GP but I do some private work. Today I received the March pay slip, and there is a 'Taxable Pay'. The accountant told me that My NI is paid in full because my NHS income is more than £43,500. Does it mean the total taxable pay for combined private and NHS work or the total income for my NHS Salary plus the total income from private work. I want to limit my income within the threshold of £100,000 Is funding a locum ourselves really a good idea?

by Jenny Stone

Sign in to continue

Sign in

Trouble signing in?

Reset password: Click here


Call: 020 8267 8121

for a Free Trial

  • 7 day trial (no access to GP fees database)
  • Expert financial guidance to help your practice.


from £405 /pa

  • Full site access
  • Access to the GP Fees Database (only available with subscription)
  • Subscriber exclusive content
  • Exclusive bulletins

Choose a Package

[DAYS_LEFT] days left of your Medeconomics free trial

Subscribe now

Your free trial has expired

Subscribe now to access Medeconomics

"I did not have to think twice about subscribing to Medeconomics... I find this website the only place I can find an up to date and accurate database of fees"

Pratice Manager, Canterbury